Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ah, blogging.

I'm not a blogger by any means, but I'm going to make an attempt at it now.  I wish I could be as clever and witty as Ezra Klein or any of the Huffington Post folks, but I'm not.  Therefore, I apologize in advance if my writing brings no laughter to your day or if you are not inspired by a single word I write.  Basically, I'm headed to Peru come Saturday morning and instead of writing long-winded and detailed e-mails to the people I care about, I'm going to jot it all down on this lil' blog so everyone and anyone can read about my adventures and explorations in South America.

There's not much to say about my adventure yet.  I suck at packing, so all of my belongings are currently scattered across my room in Minnetonka.  I just returned from a summer of guiding canoeing, rock-climbing and backpacking trips for YMCA Camp Menogyn in Northern Minnesota and I'm desperately missing everything about my summer lifestyle.  Alas, I'm quite excited to do something totally out of the norm for me and start itching the travel bug that has been burrowed inside of me for quite some time.  I fly out of MSP on Saturday morning and head to Atlanta where I hop a jet to Lima, Peru.  I land in Lima around 11 PM at night and get to hang out in the airport until 6:30 AM when I finally catch a plane to Cusco, where my program takes place.

I guess that's all for now!  I'm excited to start telling stories about my time abroad.  Till later...

1 comment:

  1. Not a blogger by any means? I seem to remember a Rachel Hedlund zanga account that was full of emotional blogs, poems, and song lyrics. Actually, you are a very experienced blogger.

    Love you- it sounds amazing so far! Good luck with the new family!

    ReplyDelete